| Floors of
| Base Health||140 and Infinite (Left to Right)|
|Items Dropped||Boss Pool|
The Blighted Ovum is an enemy from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth that is found as both a Boss on The Cellar floor and as a Monster during Boss Rush. It is a posthumous variant of Gemini, the larger entity being posthumous Contusion and the smaller entity being posthumous Suture.
Posthumous Contusion acts a bit differently than Contusion does. Its attack pattern is as follows:
- Posthumous Contusion will walk towards Isaac, dealing contact damage and leaving a trail of creep behind itself.
- Posthumous Contusion will sprint towards Isaac and repeat the pattern, dealing contact damage and leaving a trail of creep behind itself.
Posthumous Suture acts quite differently than Contusion does. Its behavior is as follows:
- Posthumous Suture floats towards the player and is immune to damage. When the player aligns themselves with Posthumous Suture's left or right, it will fire a brimstone laser at the player.
- Upon the death of Posthumous Contusion, Posthumous Suture will fire an asterisk pattern barrage of tears and die.
- A blighted ovum is when an early fetus seems normal on an ultrasound, but an embryo does not develop.